Sunday, May 16, 2010

Destination Wedding - Invitation Ideas

Recently visiting Cabo San Lucas and being surrounded by 30-40 wedding guests on the plane...who were (in mild terms) excited and up for a good time really made me think WOW, what an awesome idea. I wish one of my friends would have a destination wedding.

I suppose for me, if I'm near water (preferably the Adriatic or Mexico or the Caribbean...etc) I'm going to have an awesome time. Not only do I love relaxing by the water, attempting to surf, the smell of the sea, the sounds of the waves...I also love being in a bikini.

If people are going to have an out of town wedding and I have to pay for a flight, hotel, rental car, meals etc they might as well do it somewhere warm. They might as well provide me with a reason to make a vacation out of it :).

Now, I understand that my definition of vacation destinations (especially for typical destination weddings) is different than other peoples', but generally I'd prefer it to be on either coast of the US, Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica, Caribbean, Cuba, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Croatia, Greece...otherwise I don't consider it a "vacation", but rather a trip. To make it a trip worth while you should be forcing me to get on a plane and visit one of the world's most metropolitan cities (NYC, London, Tokyo, Paris, Rome, Sydney..etc) or a really cool country I haven't been to (Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Thailand, Vietnam, India, China, Russia...etc).

I know...I'm pretty demanding, but you're asking me to spend my hard earned cash and this is the type of trip I'd prefer to spend it on. However, if you're special enough and I really love you I'd probably go anywhere for you for your special day.

Now if I was planning my own beach destination wedding these are the reasons it appeals to me:
1) The Beach, need I say more
2) A Vacation; we all need a little fun, a lot of relaxation and (if you live in Calgary like me) a TAN
3) A Small(er) Wedding
4) Amazing Photographs
5) Lowered Costs...maybe

This post is actually about destination wedding invitation ideas...and not suggestions for resorts and wedding locations (maybe in another post). Hope you get some great ideas for your own wedding...and if it's in one of the destinations I mentioned above, message me and I'll send you my address. I'd love to attend :)


Vintage Travel - Wedding Invitation

Vintage Travel - Wedding Invitation



Formal Vintage Ticket - Wedding Invitation

Formal Vintage Ticket - Wedding Invitation


Boarding Pass Destination Wedding Invitations - Blue Beach Theme

Boarding Pass Invitation (Damask and Floral, Orange / Purple)

Deposit - Boarding Pass Invitation (Damask and Floral, Orange / Purple)
Deposit - Boarding Pass Invitation (Damask and Floral, Orange / Purple)


Personalized Artwork Keepsake Wedding Invitation Suite

Personalized Artwork Keepsake Wedding Invitation Suite
Personalized Artwork Keepsake Wedding Invitation Suite
Personalized Artwork Keepsake Wedding Invitation Suite






3 comments:

  1. Jaipur is the better place for indian destination wedding, here are many historical places which can make it awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic. Do you have any hotels/ball rooms etc to suggest to anyone looking to get married in India?
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! i think vintage wedding invitations are the one of the best idea to make invite unique and astonished. specially i love the floral border pass invitations. truly innovative ideas!!!

    # Eye Attractive Muslim Wedding Invitations

    ReplyDelete